Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation
The Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation™ (FIRO®) instruments help people understand their interpersonal needs and how those needs influence their communication style and behavior—and in the process improve their personal relationships and professional performance. These tools have helped individuals, teams, and organizations around the world grow and succeed by serving as a catalyst for positive behavioral change.
The FIRO assessments are based on social need theory: all living things seek equilibrium between their basic needs and getting those needs met. They address, gather, and present critical insights around these fundamental areas:
- How you tend to behave toward others
- How you want others to behave toward you
The FIRO assessments are ideal for a wide range of applications, including the following:
- Team building—to accelerate the team formation process and allow members to overcome barriers and progress to higher levels of performance
- Leadership and executive development—to identify leadership styles and help leaders unlock greater team performance by meeting the interpersonal needs of managers, peers, and direct reports
- Relationship building—to ensure that employees get the most out of working relationships by helping them understand how to meet the interpersonal needs of customers and stakeholders
- Professional development—to increase employees’ self-awareness for better understanding of how their positive behavioral changes boost morale, productivity, and engagement
- Conflict management—to improve skills for assessing different types of conflict and applying emotionally intelligent strategies.
Description from the publisher, CPP.
Contact us if you are interested in the FIRO-B.